Membership Conditions and Agreement
1. Membership is NOT a PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIAL and CANNOT be used to IMPLY THAT ONE is Board Certified in Sport Psychology.
2. Membership conveys that a Member is interested in Sport Psychology and supports ABSP Sport Psychology initiatives and continuing education.
3. Members who are consultants, coaches and/or non-licensed practitioners in human service fields can only apply specific components of the ABSP assessment and mental training protocols under supervision of ABSP Board Certified Sport Psychologists.
4. Membership pertains to a category, for example: Athlete Member: ABSP or Student Member: ABSP or just Member: ABSP
5. The primary purpose of ABSP membership is to inform Members about Evidence-Based Applied Sport Psychology and help them become CRITICAL CONSUMERS of Applied Sport Psychology and in the process convey acquired knowledge to people that they work with or encounter who are interested in Sport Psychology.
6. Member referral commissions are available for the ABSP suite of Mental Game Assessments and Analytics usage by clients and contacts.
7. Members who are eligible to become Board Certified Sport Psychologists, Consultants or Researchers can earn credits toward certification completion, subject to ABSP fees.
8. Membership must be renewed annually (see Membership Fee).
IT IS CRUCIAL THAT MEMBERS DO NOT CONVEY or IMPLY IN ANY MANNER THAT ABSP MEMBERSHIP IS A PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE CREDENTIAL; IT IS AN ATTESTATION of INTEREST/PASSION RELATING to SPORT PSYCHOLOGY and SPREADING the WORD ABOUT EBASP.
*Should a Member display/promote/mention their membership in an email/text/letter signature line or in Social Media/LinkedIn it MUST be as follows ONLY:
for example: John Smith Ph.D. ABSP: Professional Member or John Smith, ABSP: Student Member or John Smith, ABSP: Athlete Member
Placing ABSP:BC after one’s last name (surname) is RESERVED for ABSP BOARD CERTIFIED Professionals ONLY.
for example: John Smith, Ph.D., ABSP: Board Certified or ABSP:BC